Chicago, IL April 10, 2019–The Entrepreneur Cafe, LLC is a fast-growing, small business development company with more than two decades of experience helping startups scale. The company reaches an estimated 3,000 startups nationwide, annually and is looking to fill a key technology role. The contract position does not require daily reporting to an office and assigned work can be completed remotely from the location(s) of your choice. Candidate must be willing to train on various WordPress topics (open to virtual training for the right candidate) and ideally be located in the Chicago area (negotiable). An understanding of The Entrepreneur Cafe, LLC and the startup space should be demonstrated.
The Entrepreneur Cafe, LLC is in need of a talented WordPress Administrator/Developer to assist with website development, redesign, and training. The WordPress Administrator/Developer will look to utilize their knowledge of best practices and design methods in the current web space to create a meaningful project experience. This includes but is not limited to work on sitemaps, design tweaks, plug-in development, as well as develop, test and deliver websites and their components. Since technology is dynamic, the candidate must have a willingness and ability to embrace, learn and communicate the latest in WordPress tools and technology updates. This position reports to the Director of Business Development.
- Reports to the Director of Business Development and collaborates with Marketing Analyst to understand project goals.
- Participate in team meetings (when necessary) and make site updates based on feedback and requests.
- Manage client websites along with content updates.
- Oversee quality control on recently developed WordPress websites.
- Knowledge of mobile platform and mobile sites.
- Knowledge of User Experience Web Design.
- Ability to address internal problems or WordPress topics through short format training.
- Special assignments as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing WordPress websites including custom designed templates.
- Minimum of 2 years of graphic design experience with an eye for visual and overall website aesthetics.
- Solid technical aptitude/IT experience including web hosting, HTML, server management experience, CSS, etc.
- Must possess the ability to communicate well.
- Creative and innovative thinker with an ability to complete objectives and meet deadlines.
- BS/BA or commensurate experience preferred.
- Portfolio of work with other clients required.
- Comfortable brainstorming to help find creative solutions, self-motivated with great follow through and an ability to function independently and within a team.
Flexible Hours or Contract
May 1, 2019
The candidate is expected to provide an adequate internet connection, a professional environment from which to conduct business, computer and software. You need to be available during normal business hours to handle incoming emails, calls, and scheduled meetings. Flexibility is offered as long as expectations are clear and communicated, objectives are met and it doesn’t interfere with team goals.
Submit short cover statement (300 words or less), resume and link to your portfolio to Cavanaugh L. Gray, Director of Business Development, The Entrepreneur Cafe, LLC email@example.com.
Cavanaugh L. Gray
Director of Business Development
The Entrepreneur Café, LLC
P.O. Box 166
Downers Grove, IL 60516