A lot of small businesses start off with no clear direction or often with no real purpose. This Startup Questionnaire from The Entrepreneur Cafe, LLC is designed to help you obtain a better understanding of what it takes to start, grow and succeed in small business before considerable time and money has been spent.
Rank Your Reasons?
- Freedom from your current job. _____
- A desire to control your future. _____
- The opportunity to live out your passion. _____
- More money-improve your standard of living. _____
- Quality of life change. _____
Characteristics of an Entrepreneur?
- What do you believe it takes to run a successful business?
- Are you able to adapt to a dynamic small business environment?
- Do you have experience in the industry you are interested in?
- Can you clearly describe the business you intend to start?
- What licenses and permits will be needed?
- Who will be your customers, what are their needs and where do they live?
Your Financial Situation
- Are you looking to start your business as a part-time or full-time venture?
- How much money will it take to get your idea off the ground?
- Have you identified where your sources of funding will come from?
What’s Your Idea’s ‘Unique Factor’?
- Is your business concept offered by anyone else? If so, who are your competitors and where are they located?
- Does your idea occupy a special niche in the marketplace such as helping to advance a social cause?
- How will your idea be marketed differently?